Tuesday, May 4, 2010

OPI Shrek swatches, Part I of II


Some of the loot from what is my second-to-last OPI haul from TransDesign now that OPI has decided to get all protective of their "salon quality" polishes.

OPI Rumple's Wiggin'
Soft lilac that leans a bit grey. Oddly, it looks very light on me but it seems to be darker on others (possibly because of the difference in skin tone?). Pretty good application for a pastel but still took three coats to even out completely.

OPI What's With the Cattitude?
Bad application: I found it to be far thinner and more streaky than necessary. (Also, it kept on dripping into my cuticles, grr.) When I think of the practically one-coater that is Color Club Take Me To Your Chateau (also a pastel blue though less glossy), I lose patience for a similarly colored polish that needed a thick third coat to cover the imperfections of the first two coats.

OPI Who The Shrek Are You?

I absolutely adore this color (and the polish wasn't bad either). I'm so into lime greens lately. Application was pretty good (three coats) and very controllable. Totally worth it for a color that I don't have many examples of.

Will get the rest of the Shrek collection swatched before the week's out and then I'll have some concluding thoughts about the collection as a whole... :)


Like this? Click below to let us know!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

yeah that opi brand cant be effed wit huh my last opi haul is enroute from td and h2t guess im done there are other brands though i really love orly and misa color club oh well nice pics i really like the puke green one

Skulda said...

I found that "What's with the Cattitude" was streaky too. Took me 3-4 coats.

Lolitadewdrop said...

:) that green really does look like a shrek colour.

mKat said...

i am sort of sad i never did the opi thing. i only own minis... and i have the shrek mini set coming tomorrow.

hopefully (one day) OPI reconsiders...

mKat said...

PS I love that green!

Justine (Productrater) said...

sucks about TD. I know I will be buying ALOT less OPI from now on... most of my collection came from TD.

Great swatches. :D

Apriltini said...

Can anyone direct me to a factual discussion of the OPI dealio? Thanks :)

flinty said...

@aaminahs momn: LOL, it is pretty pukey, isn't it? ;)

@skulda: such a pity, huh? It's a nice color.

@lolitadwedrop: I know, they got it totally on the nose!

@mKat: I doubt OPI will but I think we'll still be able to find discount etailers for them. We'll just be more careful about talking about them.

@justine: yeah, I can't justify OPI to myself for full price, unfortunately. But I already have a ton of OPI so I don't feel like I need too much more. :)

@apritini: I haven't had time to read this but I've seen people point to this blog for a discussion on the issue: http://carinaeletoile.com/2010/04/30/opi-update

Arrianne said...

Stupid OPI. I need to get my haul in from TD before they're all gone.

Apriltini said...

Thanks Flinty, I really appreciate it. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails